Mountainair Police Department
109 N. Roosevelt Avenue
PO Box 115 Mountainair, NM 87036
Office: (505) 384-2705 - Non-emergency Dispatch
Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM.
For emergencies, please call 911 or the Torrance County Central Dispatch Center at (505)384-2706
Mountainair Police Department’s Mission Statement
We, the members of the Mountainair Police Department, are committed to excellence in law enforcement and are dedicated to the people, traditions and diversity of our town. In order to protect life, and property, prevent crime and reduce the fear of crime. We will provide service with understanding, response with compassion, performance with integrity and law enforcement with vison.
Our Statement of Values
The listed values guide the operation of the Department and the conduct of its members. These are our fundamental beliefs from which our agency sets policy, delivers services and implements its programs. Values set the standards for our members in executing their public safety duties. These values guide our actions.
- We are committed to managing our resources in a carful, efficient, and effective manner. The Management of the police department is very similar to the operation of a business with the ultimate objective being quality service delivery to its clients with minimum of costs. The police department must be so managed that there is a maximum return from the expenditure of each tax dollar appropriated. Issues such employee productivity, fiscal accountability, planning and resource utilization will be carefully studied and systematically addressed.
- There is no more important priority to The Mountainair Police Department than the protection of human lives. This belief is reflected in every aspect of our police conduct, our highest priority will always be the protection of life, in violent situations.
- Crime Prevention is our principal goal. We will pursue those who commit serious crimes, however when crimes are committed and do occur, the agency must react with vigorous law enforcement tactics and make arrests and obtain prosecution to deter it. Traffic enforcement also plays a vital role in reduction of crimes we will enforce all traffic laws to our best ability.
- We will treat all members of the public with respect and dignity by maintain the highest levels of integrity and professionalism in all our actions. We will serve with compassion, sensitive, courteous, and professional manners regardless of sex, race, lifestyles, or reason for police contact. The department must not be compromise, there can be no question or suspicion amongst the public regarding our ethics. Our conduct must be impeccable, to protect the publics rights, and levels of accountability expected from all our members of the Mountainair Police Department.
- We recognize that the department members are its greatest assess and assume responsibility to treat them professionally and support them in their professional development. All members are entitled to be treated fair, and consistent, in all matters impacting job satisfaction and effectiveness. We also care about the quality of life in our Town and believe that our services must answer their needs.
Juan Reyes, Jr. Chief of Police, MTPD
Police Chief - Juan Reyes
To request to view documents that are not available on this website please email this form IPRA Request Form to the Town Clerk or via USPS to (subject to a charge of $.25 copy fee for non-police and $5.00 per police report.)
Town of Mountainair
PO Box 115
Mountainair, NM 87036